2020 PH Awareness Month: Tour of PHenomenal Hope
Grand Tours of Cycling and Grand Tour of PH
Introducing the Tour of PHenomenal Hope
The Grand Tours of cycling: Le Tour de France, Giro d’Italia, and La Vuelta a Espana inspire us every year, and this year is no different. In fact, I find myself looking even more for inspiration, for escape each day of these tours, as we live in these challenging times. Many have said that this year’s Tour, which finished up at the end of September, was one of the best in a long time, and while the cycling was truly excellent, I believe that we all appreciated the escape and fandom of the grand tour. As I write this blog post, I’m sitting in front of the Giro d’Italia, which started on October 3, and enjoying the scenes of cycling from what seems like a world away. And I’m looking forward to not only the next Grand Tour of Spain (La Vuelta), but our Grand Tour of PH, coming this November.
This year for pulmonary hypertension awareness month, Team PHenomenal Hope will bring you our tribute to the PH community, and a bit of fun escape for our friends and PHriends as well. During the month we will be hosting several online events to raise awareness about pulmonary hypertension as well as rally the community and provide some fun escape. Similarly to the Grand Tours of cycling, which bring us different types of races each day (flat, sprinting stages, mountain stages, time trials), we have organized our tour into different types of stages, from educational stages, town halls covering topics in pulmonary hypertension, to our #LetMeBeYourLungs Challenge for everyone, and finally, the capstone Tour of PHenomenal Hope Championship Stage Race, where we will feature a live race of cyclists, and feature their patient partners, as they sweat it out for all the glory.
As we go through this month, we will bring you along with us, keep you abreast of the “course map” along the way, and hope that you enjoy our November grand tour of pulmonary hypertension, the Tour of PHenomenal Hope!
We invite you to participate, here’s how:
- DONATE! Make a donation in support of pulmonary hypertension awareness month here.
- LEARN: Tune into our Virtual Town Halls via Zoom on Wednesday, November 4, Wednesday, November 11, and Wednesday, November 18. Register for the series here.
- JOIN THE RACE: Join the #LetMeBeYourLungs Challenge!
- Sign up here. Choose the Let Me Be Your Lungs Challenge.
- Download the free Strava app to your mobile device.
- Join our event club here.
- From November 1st until November 30, track as many bike rides, runs, or walks as you can for a chance to win a prize! After you sign up, check your email for more challenge details.
- CHEER: Tune into our Tour of Hope Championship on Saturday, November 14 via Zoom to watch our industry partners, doctors, and researchers compete for first place on their stationary bikes. Watch our social media channels for the Zoom link to tune in.
- TWEET: Tune into our Team PH Twitter Chat on Tuesday, November 24 at 8 PM EST.
See our full schedule of events throughout the month below. We hope to “see” you virtually for one or all of our activities.