2016 New Zealand Pioneer – a Seven Day Epic
Thank you for supporting
Team PH in
To open 2016, Team PHenomenal Hope entered a new style of endurance race that tested the limits of our athletes: endurance mountain biking. Our goal was not only to use this race to raise awareness about pulmonary hypertension, but also to raise one dollar per meter climbed – that is $15,057! And with your help, we did exactly that!
Special thank you to our stage sponsors:
- Stage 1: A dedication to our friends in the New Zealand PAH Community & in memory of Philippa
- Stage 2: Boston University Pulmonary Hypertension Program
- Stage 3: Pacific Pulmonary Vascular Institute of Oregon Pulmonary Associates
- Stage 4: UPMC Comprehensive Pulmonary Hypertension Program
- Stage 5: Fitness in a Heartbeat
- Stage 6: Pat Craft, Brooks and Jen Broadhurst, and David Rudis.
- Stage 7: Dedicated to the PH community around the world
- Extra effort: Allegheny General Pulmonary Hypertension Program for their generous support that helped us get to the finish line!
- And a special thank you to our sponsor, Reata for providing a generous match fund for this effort!
Bonus: Raffle Drawing
Racing to make a difference in the lives of PH patients, around the world. In our first major event of the year, we’re racing abroad to help bring global awareness to this disease. And this year it’s personal. When we push ourselves, we recognize we are racing for a with those who live everyday with pulmonary hypertension. People like Gary, Sandra, and Philippa. Read more about their stories here:
Gary’s Story Sandra’s Story
Philippa’s Story Janice’s Story
Read about the RACE!
We sent two duos to New Zealand to race in The Pioneer through New Zealand’s pristine Southern Alps. January 31 – February 6, 2016.
Check out the race report here!
We would like to specially recognize and thank our 2016 corporate sponsors for their support in making the New Zealand Pioneer possible! We also thank all of our sponsors for joining us in 2016.